[Nut-upsuser] GE EP series UPS

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Apr 5 10:33:59 UTC 2011

Citeren Danilo Godec <danilo.godec op agenda.si>:

> I just got two new UPS's - GE EP6000R. These have both RS232 and USB
> connection.
>
> As far as I could detect these are not supported by NUT. However, they
> provide some Linux software and as long as these UPS's are not in
> production (another week or so) I could 'play' with them to try to get
> some protocol information.

The first thing to do is to check the VID:PID combination that is
reported by 'lsusb -v'. Chances are that these units are already
supported through one of the generic drivers we have. Even if you
intend to use the serial port, this is useful as in many cases the USB
support is just a build in USB to serial converter and the device uses
a serial protocol.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)