[Nut-upsuser] Richcomm Serial driver

Manzoor e Elahi manzoor.e.elahi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 08:13:45 UTC 2011

Hi,
    I'm trying to configure my ups with nut which is a locally made one. It
uses a rs232 port to talk to the computer and comes with a software called
"Powermanager Lite" which is provided by Richcomm and supports Windows,
Linux and UNIX. According to the manual it uses the Richcomm circuitry to
talk to the computer and uses a drycontact protocol. Unfortunately I
couldn't find any driver for Richcomm serial interface, there's a
richcomm_usb however. I've tried all of the genericups drivers and the
megatec driver even a USB to Serial converter cable (Prolific chipset) but
no luck. Any suggestion about which driver to choose or what I'm doing
wrong?

    I'm using NUT on FreeNAS 0.7.2 which uses NUT 2.60. Below is the link to
the Richcomm product product page.

Powermanager lite:
http://www.richcomm.com/en/productshow.php?ippt_product_id=65

Thanks for your time.