[Nut-upsuser] Building and configuring nut 2.6.0 - documentation issue?

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 09:44:34 UTC 2011

Hi Mike

2011/1/22 Mike. <the.lists at mgm51.com>

> This morning I finished building and configuring nut 2.6.0 on OpenBSD
> 4.8, and it is running fine.
>
> While I was in the config files, I noticed what looks like it may be a
> discrepancy between the config file commetns and the configure script
> default.
>
> uspd.conf has the following comment:
>
> # STATEPATH <path>
> # STATEPATH /var/run/nut
> #
> # Tell upsd to look for the driver state sockets in 'path' rather
> # than the default that was compiled into the program.
>

> When I read that, I thought the default path compiled into the program
> would be /var/run/nut
>
> However, configure --help shows the following:
>

>  --with-statepath=PATH   path for ups state files (/var/state/ups)
>

> implying that /var/state/ups was the default.
>

> Am I reading this incorrectly, or is there a [minor] discrepancy?

we can indeed say that it's a minor discrepancy.
What you see when calling "configure --help" is the default value.
What you see in the upsd.conf configuration file is an example value.
This is part of the minor things that will get improved soon.

Thanks for your feedback,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com