[Nut-upsuser] APC Smart-UPS 1000

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Feb 7 13:58:37 UTC 2011

Citeren Kevin <bakdong op gmail.com>:

> You could have perhaps made a point of the sudden change to a
> different command. Others also missed this subtlety.

I posted the 'old' and 'new' lines. You might have missed this on the
first look, buy after I told you the difference, you could have looked
again at the original post.

> You miss the point entirely. I am giving you code that works,
> whereas yours does not. Surely a programmers dream.

Not at all. As I already indicated a couple of times, APC uses a
myriad of methods to shutdown their UPSes. Have a look at the USB
apcupsd code and you'll appreciate how broken the APC software is. So
bluntly accepting your changes might have fixed you problems, but
would at the same time break it again for others. This is the problem
we're in (which you don't seem to understand).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)