[Nut-upsuser] APC Smart-UPS 1000

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Feb 7 15:04:23 UTC 2011

Citeren Kevin <bakdong op gmail.com>:

> Exactly. I am beginning to see a 'broken firmware' pattern here.

The above is the only reason why we need multiple HID subdrivers in
usbhid-ups. If every UPS vendor would care to implement (and properly
test!) their firmware, we would need exactly one subdriver that would
fit all USB HID Power Device Class UPS'es. But since many contain bugs
(and sometime conflicting implementations) we need one for almost
every vendor.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)