[Nut-upsuser] APC Smart-UPS 1000

Kevin bakdong at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 09:09:18 UTC 2011

On 08/02/2011 15:50, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Citeren Kevin <bakdong at gmail.com>:
>
> Good. I assume you tried this on the CS-500, right? Do you have any
> idea how long the delay is before the device actually shuts down?

Yes, this is with the CS 500. The bad news is that the "# usbhid-ups -a
apc1500 -k -DDD" command doesn't work, producing

Initiating UPS shutdown
upsdrv_shutdown...
*instcmd(shutdown.return, [NULL])
find_nut_info: unknown info type: shutdown.return*

instcmd(load.on.delay, [NULL])
find_nut_info: unknown info type: load.on.delay

instcmd: info element unavailable load.on.delay

instcmd(shutdown.reboot, [NULL])
Report[set]: (4 bytes) =>  13 0a 00 00
upsdrv_cleanup...

(Full output is attached) What do i have to do to get the
shutdown.return command recognised (without breaking the process for the
Smart-UPS 1000!)

>> Would you like me to provide any more output?
>
> It would be nice to know under what conditions you tested this
> command. We would like to see what happens both with and without mains
> present at the time of running this command. I both work as expected,
> we may have found a workable solution. I do have to check the report
> descriptors of some other APC devices, to check if we're not shooting
> ourselves in the foot by adding this (to see if there may be conflicts
> with other known devices).

I have not tested this on the Smart-UPS 1000 since the new changes. That
is still on the 'to do' list. I will let you know on the power tests.

In summary, I have commented out the two lines:

  /* { "load.on.delay", 0, 0, "UPS.Output.DelayBeforeStartup", NULL, DEFAULT_ONDELAY, HU_TYPE_CMD, NULL },*/

and

/* { "load.on.delay", 0, 0, "UPS.APCGeneralCollection.APCDelayBeforeStartup", NULL, DEFAULT_ONDELAY, HU_TYPE_CMD, NULL },*/

and added this line:

{ "shutdown.return", 0, 0, "UPS.Output.APCDelayBeforeReboot", NULL, "1", HU_TYPE_CMD, NULL },

Question:

Should the old line:

{ "shutdown.reboot", 0, 0, "UPS.APCGeneralCollection.APCDelayBeforeReboot", NULL, "10", HU_TYPE_CMD, NULL },

remain, or should I comment it out too?