[Nut-upsuser] cross-compiling nut

nut at johnea.net nut at johnea.net
Fri Jul 22 01:09:34 UTC 2011

On 07/21/2011 01:31 PM, Tilman Glotzner wrote:

> That worked, and nut compiles and builds.

Awesome!

> Now I need to install nut in the image to be downloaded to the embeeded board. How can I set installation path ? Will the --prefix option for the configure script do the trick ?

You might consider packaging and installing with something like opkg.

I use archlinux (which is now available on certain arm architectures) for this
configuration (--prefix=/usr) the package list is attached below.

How much of this you install on your embedded system will depend on what
functionality you expect the system to have. For instance you almost certainly
don't need the man pages.

There's also a pretty good tutorial on building packages into the buildroot image:
http://buildroot.uclibc.org/buildroot.html#autotools-tutorial
that, or opkg or pacman, might be a better long term solution.

Good Luck!

johnea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ package list file attached ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~