[Nut-upsuser] Unexpected shutdown begins for WOW-500U

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 01:26:10 UTC 2011

Hey Sergei,

2011/7/21 Sergei V. Dubrov <dubrov at inp.nsk.su>

> G'day, all!
>
> I installed latest stable nut-2.6.1.tar.gz from source on Xenserver 5.6 SP2
> (Linux xen-home 2.6.32.12-0.7.1.xs5.6.100.323.170596xen #1 SMP Fri Apr 8
> 07:25:07 EDT 2011 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux), my UPS is Powercom WOW--500U
> FW3.A4. All works almost fine but here are some troubles: when I pull the
> plug then upsd immediately starts (after FINALDELAY delaying) the procedure
> of shutdown as if UPS have low battery. What I see after pulling the plug:
>
> ./upsc xen-home battery.charge
> 72
>
> ./upsc xen-home ups.status
> OB DISCHRG
>
> OB status is correct but why is there DISCHRG status?! This flag, as I
> think, cause immediately begin of shutdown although the battery is not
> discharged and has 72 percent of charge.
>
> Is DISCHRG exactly from UPS or is it an inaccurate interpretation of
> obtained status from WOW-500U?

DISCHRG is a normal value:
http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/developer-guide.chunked/ar01s04.html#_status_data

the only reason I see that would trigger an instant shutdown is a loss of
communication ('data stale') with the device when running on battery. and
this should be logged in your syslog and console.
it could otherwise be a setting (ie battery.charge.low).

I would finally like to see a full upsc output. upsrw would also be welcome.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com