[Nut-upsuser] Misconfiguration of Windows MSI installer 2.6.0-1 with my Powerware 5115 connected via USB port

Frédéric Bohé fredericbohe at eaton.com
Wed Jun 8 12:47:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 10:24 +0300, Павел Гуменюк wrote:
> Hello.
> I've tried to configure Windows (complete port, Beta): Windows MSI
> installer 2.6.0-1 with my Powerware 5115 connected via USB port but
> have no luck.
> Here is my config files:
>
> nut.conf:
> MODE = netserver
>
> ups.conf:
> [PW5115]
>        driver = bcmxcp_usb
>        port = notUsed
>        desc = "PowerWare 5115"
>

> upsd.conf:
> LISTEN 192.168.1.12 3493
>

> upsd.users:
> [monuser]
>                password = xxxxxxxx
>                upsmon master
>

> upsmon.conf:
>
> MONITOR PW5115 at 192.168.1.12 1 monuser xxxxxxxx master
>
> MINSUPPLIES 1
> SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0"
> NOTIFYCMD /sbin/upssched
> POLLFREQ 5
> POLLFREQALERT 5
> HOSTSYNC 15
> DEADTIME 15
> POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/killpower
> NOTIFYFLAG ONLINE SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
> NOTIFYFLAG ONBATT SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
> NOTIFYFLAG LOWBATT SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
> RBWARNTIME 43200
> NOCOMMWARNTIME 300
> FINALDELAY 5
>

> upssched.conf:
> CMDSCRIPT /bin/upssched-cmd
> AT ONBATT * START-TIMER   onbattwarn 10
> AT ONLINE * CANCEL-TIMER  onbattwarn
> AT LOWBATT * EXECUTE      lowbattwarn
> AT ONBATT * START-TIMER   timeshutdown 100
> AT ONLINE * CANCEL-TIMER  timeshutdown
>

> There are huge count of windows events such as "upsmon - Poll UPS
> [PW5115 at 192.168.1.12] failed - Data stale."
> Can anyone help me to get right configs?

Hello Pavel,

I don't see any obvious issue in your configuration (although you might
consider adapting the SHUTDOWNCMD variable in upsmon.conf for Windows).

My first question is : what is your Windows version, and is it a 32 bits
or 64 bits system ?

Then, from what I understand, you might have an issue with the libUSB
driver. Can you make sure you see an entry in the "Device Manager"
called "libusb-win32 devices". Under this entry you should have a "NUT
USB driver" sub entry.

If there is no such entry, please make sure your UPS is connected to
your host and run "C:\Program Files\NUT\others\wdi-simple.exe". there
should be a console windows saying it is installing a driver.

If you see the libusb entry in the "Device Manager", we need more input.
Please stop NUT from the "Start" menu, then in consoles windows, run:
C:\Program Files\NUT\bin\bcmxcp_usb.exe -a PW5115 -D
C:\Program Files\NUT\sbin\upsd.exe
C:\Program Files\NUT\sbin\upsmon.exe

And sent us the resulting logs !

Fred