[Nut-upsuser] Liebert UPS GXT3 and Debian 6

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 18:49:36 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Well I have one and I'm more than willing to provide system access to the
>>> devs if they want to help figure this out.
>>>
>>> I've been though a number of weeks bouncing messages at the manufacture of
>>> the UPS to end up with a less than satisfactory answer and I'd just love to
>>> see this puppy with some functional FLOSS driving it.
>
> Don,
>
> There's a simple program that Peter Selinger wrote a few years ago to
> grab some of the information from the UPS's USB interface - I'll dig
> that up and we can try to figure out what's going on. As a minimum,
> you'll need the Debian build-essentials package, as well as
> libusb-dev.

Here's the program:

  http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2006-November/001292.html

You should be able to build it with the following command:

 $ gcc -o get_descriptor get_descriptor.c -lusb

(after installing the packages listed above)

Assuming that 'lsusb -v' (run as root) returns the same information as
Juan Pablo Valles posted on 5/30/2011, I think you'll need to run it
as follows:

 # ./get_descriptor <bus> <device> 1 0 0 128 0x22 0

<bus> and <device> are from the line of lsusb output which matches your UPS.

Juan, if you would like to try the same program, that would also be
useful to compare results.

--
- Charles Lepple