[Nut-upsuser] CyberPower usbhid-ups continuously disconnects/reconnects

nut at johnea.net nut at johnea.net
Wed Jun 15 21:24:34 UTC 2011

On 06/08/2011 06:24 PM, nut at johnea.net wrote:
> On 06/08/2011 12:35 AM, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>> Hi
>>
> Thanks for your reply Arnaud!

I've updated to kernel 2.6.39 and nut 2.6.1

This continuous disconnect/reconnect issue is still occurring.

After manually trying to start nut 3 or 4 times it will start.

> Once nut is successfully started, the cycle of disconnect/reconnect
> stops. If I stop nut, the cycle starts again.

-> Does this seems to indicate the conflict of drivers you mentioned?

-> What can I do to prevent the core usbhid driver from attaching to this
-> device?

I've been reading everything I can find, I can't find any way to determine why
the kernel is disconnecting this device.

Thank you very much for any clues that will help me debug this!

johnea