[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-Lite AVR-900U

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 14:50:54 UTC 2011

On Mar 5, 2011, at 8:47 PM, Douglas Beach wrote:

> Greetings. I have a Tripp-Lite AVR-900U that I am trying to get work
> with NUT. (I rather naively bought the thing assuming that since NUT
> worked with the AVR-750U, that the same would be so of this model.)

I don't think any of the NUT developers have an AVR-900U to test with,
but it looks like we imported some information from the UPower project
(between NUT 2.4.3 and 2.6.0) that indicates the AVR-900U has the same
quirks as the 750U:

http://trac.networkupstools.org/projects/nut/changeset/2524

> I had to add a section in /etc/udev/rules.d/nut-usbups.rules; I just
> copied the line for the AVR-750U and changed the id to 2010 and then
> I got:
>
>  # /lib/nut/usbhid-ups -a Tripp-Lite -x productid=2010
> Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.3)
> USB communication driver 0.31
> Using subdriver: TrippLite HID 0.4
>

> That seems OK, but now what? Is there a way to add the "-x
> productid=2010" option to the ups.conf? And if I could, should I
> expect it to work?

If an option to a driver such as usbhid-ups is not documented in its
own man page, there is another man page (nutupsdrv) for options common
to all the drivers.

http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/nutupsdrv.html

So you can just add "productid=2010" to ups.conf.

 From the patch above, it looks like the 900U reports voltages that
are ten times lower than actual. Running "upsc Tripp-Lite" should
confirm this. That should be fixed in NUT 2.6.0 and later (where you
would not need the extra "productid" option, either).

--
Charles Lepple