[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-Lite AVR-900U

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 14:01:25 UTC 2011

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Douglas Beach <douglas.beach at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 6:50 AM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> If an option to a driver such as usbhid-ups is not documented in its own
>> man page, there is another man page (nutupsdrv) for options common to all
>> the drivers.
>>
>> http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/nutupsdrv.html
>>
>> So you can just add "productid=2010" to ups.conf.
>>
>> From the patch above, it looks like the 900U reports voltages that are ten
>> times lower than actual. Running "upsc Tripp-Lite" should confirm this. That
>> should be fixed in NUT 2.6.0 and later (where you would not need the extra
>> "productid" option, either).
>>
>> --
>> Charles Lepple
>
> Thanks. I can confirm that both of the proposed solutions work. (I hadn't
> realized that there was a newer version than 2.4.3; I guess my distro is
> behind the curve.) Either adding productid=2010 to ups.conf or upgrading to
> 2.6.0 seems to bring joy. With 2.6.0, I get:
>
> # upsc Tripp-Lite at localhost
> battery.charge: 100
> battery.runtime: 1305
> battery.type: PbAC
> battery.voltage: 13.5
> battery.voltage.nominal: 12.0
> device.mfr: Tripp Lite
> device.model: Tripp Lite UPS
> device.type: ups
> driver.name: usbhid-ups
> driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: auto
> driver.version: 2.6.0
> driver.version.data: TrippLite HID 0.6
> driver.version.internal: 0.35
> input.frequency: 59.8
> input.voltage: 119.0
> input.voltage.nominal: 120
> output.frequency.nominal: 60
> output.voltage.nominal: 120
> ups.beeper.status: enabled
> ups.delay.shutdown: 20
> ups.mfr: Tripp Lite
> ups.model: Tripp Lite UPS
> ups.power.nominal: 900
> ups.productid: 2010
> ups.status: OL
> ups.timer.reboot: 65535
> ups.timer.shutdown: 65535
> ups.vendorid: 09ae
> ups.watchdog.status: 0
>
> That all looks reasonable to me.

Agreed, although you might want to schedule some downtime to be sure
that the shutdown process works as expected.

http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/ar01s06.html#UPS_shutdown

In particular, I am not familiar with the Tripp-Lite HID
implementation of the ups.timer.* variables.

--
- Charles Lepple