[Nut-upsuser] Access restriction on Upgrade Debian lenny -> Debian squeeze

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Mar 11 13:14:00 UTC 2011

Citeren Lukas Haase <lukashaase op gmx.at>:

> I somehow tried both but it does somehow not work as expected.
>
> When I add
>
> ups : ALL
> upsd : ALL
>
> to hosts.deny, then no communication should be possible. However, I
> can access the statistics from another host running upsstats.cgi!
>
> I also tested with "upsc denchi op localhost" - it always works!

The documentation says that this tcp-wrappers is only used for
commands that require to be logged in to the UPS. Since upsc and
upsstats don't require a login, this will be passed through. There is
not much point in trying to prevent this (see the mailinglist archives).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)