[Nut-upsuser] Support for FSP EP1000

Brian Read brianr at bjsystems.co.uk
Tue Mar 15 11:03:04 UTC 2011

Am Trying to use nut (2.2.0 - on an SMEServer V8 aka Centos  5.5) on the
above UPS, I've tried the megatec driver in serial and USB mode (the
device has both types of connection), but no success.

An Example:

[root at mailserver ~]# megatec_usb -a UPS -DDDDDDDD
Network UPS Tools 2.2.0- - Megatec protocol driver 1.5.4 [megatec_usb]
Carlos Rodrigues (c) 2003-2007

Serial-over-USB transport layer for Megatec protocol driver [megatec_usb]

debug level is '8'
Checking device (0665/5161) (002/002)
- VendorID: 0665
- ProductID: 5161
- Manufacturer: Cypress Semiconductor
- Product: USB to Serial
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 002
Trying to match device
Device matches
  none (-110)
Starting UPS detection process...
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "Q1" command...
  ok
  none (-110)
Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "Q1" command...

<snip>

Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
5 out of 5 detection attempts failed (minimum failures: 2).
Megatec protocol UPS not detected.
[root at mailserver ~]#

I can see from the website that the blazer driver has taken over from
the megatec on, but I don't seem to have it.

Anyone any ideas?

--

Cheers

Brian