[Nut-upsuser] libusb_get_interrupt: error reading from interrupt endpoint /dev/ugen0.1

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 02:17:31 UTC 2011

On Mar 23, 2011, at 12:09 PM, John Bayly wrote:

> Using an Eaton Evolution S 3000 (usbhid-ups) 2.6.0 on FreeBSD 7.3.
> After checking the debug log for an unrelated reason I saw that it
> was being swamped by the following message:

The USB stack in FreeBSD prior to 8.0 did not lend itself to being
precisely controlled from userspace by libusb. It sounds like you are
seeing slightly different problems than I saw while trying to make
tripplite_usb work under FreeBSD, but the common symptom was the
interrupt endpoints. (FreeBSD prior to 8.0 seems to poll the endpoints
more frequently than userspace code reads from them, and I often saw
partial packets dropped when the buffer filled up.)

How do things work if you add the "pollonly" option to the
configuration file?