[Nut-upsuser] nut problem on boot/restart

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sun May 1 11:38:51 UTC 2011

Citeren Jose Álvarez <dynamix66 op hotmail.com>:

> When I turn on my pc everything works fine, but if I restart fails
> (I'm not sure if this is true at 100%) (then, i can do 'sudo
> /etc/init.d/nut restart' and it works)

This usually means that you're attempting to use the USB bus before it
has initialized.

> But what is certain is that sometimes when start up the pc it works
> and sometimes fails, can be a problem with the start time (i have a
> fast ssd) and the initialization of the driver and the usb port?

The latter.

[...]

Don't inline log files. The formatting will usually not be preserved
and they become very hard to read. Please attach log messages (and
preferably, gzip them too to save bandwidth and prevent the
mailinglist from rejecting them because of size).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)