[Nut-upsuser] libusb not recognized?

Andrew Min Chang laplacezhang at 126.com
Wed Nov 16 08:55:43 UTC 2011

Hi, Charles,

libusb-0.1.12 did not work, too.

Do you mean the testlibusb.c as attached? I compiled it by:
# cc -c testlibusb.c
# cc -o test testlibusb.o -lusb
Because there's gcc on my target board.
but ./test prints nothing. I looked into the source and fount that "usb_busses" is zero.

I had a usb hardisk and a APC smart-ups connected to my board through usb. The hardisk was recognized and automatically mounted to system. While smart-ups was not recognized by Linux, but Linux knew that that was a usb device.

I am not familar with usb drive. But I guess if libusb is correctly installed, testlibusb should list all usb device. So libusb was not correctly installed. However, gcc recognized the usb.h provided by libusb. That seemed strange to me.

Best Regards
--
Andrew Chang
2011-11-09