[Nut-upsuser] UPS MGE serial cable over network.

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 10:50:27 UTC 2011

Hi Handoko,

2011/11/18 Frédéric Bohé <fredericbohe at eaton.com>:
> On Fri, 2011-11-18 at 07:53 -0500, Charles Lepple wrote:
>> On Nov 17, 2011, at 11:50 PM, Handoko Widjojo wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Arnaud,
>> >
>> > the baud rate was set to stndard 115200 8N1
>>
>> The SHUT driver uses 2400 baud (presumably 8N1, but I don't see the location in the code where that is set.)
>
> AFAIK it is set in ser_set_speed.

the fact is that there are still 2 SHUT implementations in NUT:
- mge-shut.ch, which is the legacy that will disapear soon,
- newmge-shut, which shares common roots with usbhid-ups, and have its
implementation in libshut.ch

Both indeed use the default speed (2400 8N1), which is set by
ser_set_speed (we only define speed, the rest is the default of this
function)

FYI, I have still an incomplete implementation of variable speed
setting, which is supported by newer SHUT devices, from Eaton.
These support speeds up to 115200.

cheers,
Arnaud