[Nut-upsuser] New UPS for Support List

thomas schorpp thomas.schorpp at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 1 05:53:17 UTC 2011

Am 30.09.2011 16:23, schrieb Arnaud Quette:
> Hi Simon,
>
> 2011/8/30 Dwyer, Simon<SDwyer at federalit.net>:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have got the Belkin F6S600auUSB UPS working with the blazer_usb driver.
>>
>> I pulled the power to the ups last night and it sent a message to the server saying it was on battery then ran for another 10 minutes and then sent a message to the server telling it to shut down, which it did.
>>
>> upswr did not return anything.
>>
>> [root at verity ~]# upsc ups
>> battery.voltage: 13.50
>> battery.voltage.nominal: 12.0
>> beeper.status: enabled
>> device.type: ups
>> driver.name: blazer_usb
>> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
>> driver.parameter.port: auto
>> driver.version: 2.4.3
>> driver.version.internal: 0.03
>> input.current.nominal: 2.0
>> input.frequency: 49.9
>> input.frequency.nominal: 50
>> input.voltage: 242.9
>> input.voltage.fault: 242.9
>> input.voltage.nominal: 230
>> output.voltage: 237.5
>> ups.delay.shutdown: 30
>> ups.delay.start: 180
>> ups.load: 0
>> ups.productid: 5161
>> ups.status: OL
>> ups.temperature: 25.0
>> ups.type: offline / line interactive
>> ups.vendorid: 0665
>>

>> [root at verity ~]# upscmd -l ups
>> Instant commands supported on UPS [ups]:
>>
>> beeper.toggle - Toggle the UPS beeper
>> load.off - Turn off the load immediately
>> load.on - Turn on the load immediately
>> shutdown.return - Turn off the load and return when power is back
>> shutdown.stayoff - Turn off the load and remain off
>> shutdown.stop - Stop a shutdown in progress
>> test.battery.start - Start a battery test
>> test.battery.start.deep - Start a deep battery test
>> test.battery.start.quick - Start a quick battery test
>> test.battery.stop - Stop the battery test
>>
>> If any more info is needed just let me know.
>
> thanks for your report.
> I've just committed this entry in the trunk, r3264.
> for the sake of completion, could you also tell us what are the USB
> VendorID and ProductID?
>
> cheers,
> Arnaud

Stated above, same for the FSP EP-1K, except of temperature and battery voltage:

battery.charge: 100
battery.runtime: 4000
battery.voltage: 27.40
battery.voltage.nominal: 24.0
beeper.status: enabled
device.type: ups
driver.flag.novendor: enabled
driver.name: blazer_usb
driver.parameter.chargetime: 8
driver.parameter.idleload: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 15
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.parameter.productid: 5161
driver.parameter.runtimecal: 1200,100,3200,50
driver.parameter.vendorid: 0665
driver.version: 2.4.3
driver.version.internal: 0.03
input.current.nominal: 5.0
input.frequency: 50.1
input.frequency.nominal: 50
input.voltage: 231.2
input.voltage.fault: 231.2
input.voltage.nominal: 220
output.voltage: 231.2
ups.delay.shutdown: 30
ups.delay.start: 180
ups.load: 27
ups.productid: 5161
ups.status: OL
ups.type: offline / line interactive

Cmds an Alarms untested but the EP-650 is already in the supported devices list.

Can You confirm no usb req timeouts for Your device at 2sec polling for hours?

Oct  1 06:24:28 fritz.box blazer_usb[11636]: Communications with UPS lost: status read failed!
Oct  1 06:24:43 fritz.box blazer_usb[11636]: Communications with UPS lost: status read failed!
Oct  1 06:24:58 fritz.box blazer_usb[11636]: Communications with UPS re-established

USB-Sniffing the proprietary viewpower software I found it uses another protocol, with "QPI" requests 1/sec,
sniff dumps attached (propably off list due to size limits).

I will try some replays with a modified blazer_usb driver or dummy-ups and tools/device-recorder.sh.

tom