[Nut-upsuser] LiebertPSP

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 12:53:37 UTC 2011

On Sep 27, 2011, at 3:45 PM, Tim Gould wrote:

> I'll quite happily experiment with this - however if you could give
> me a short-cut to the relevant part of the code that would be
> appreciated as no doubt you are way more familiar with it than me.

This turned out to be a little more complicated than I thought (I am
only vaguely familiar with this code).

The attached patch should cover some of the ups.status flags. Can you
apply it, and run the driver with -DDD again? I also pushed it to
GitHub, so if you want to check out the git-LiebertPSP-scalefactor
branch and build from there, that will make future updates easier.

    https://github.com/clepple/nut/tree/git-LiebertPSP-scalefactor

I need to look through the code a little more to make sure that we can
read the ConfigVoltage before the other values are parsed. If not,
there might be a short time at driver startup when the returned values
are still uncorrected. (This would have been a lot easier if the
different Liebert units had different USB product IDs... see drivers/
tripplite-hid.c and search for tripplite_battvolt_fun for the sort of
correction we need to do.)