[Nut-upsuser] NUT monitor

Gene Ulmer gulmer at mcn.org
Sun Jul 15 21:48:39 UTC 2012

I installed NUT version 2.6.3-1ubuntu1.1  w/the client and server and
the nut monitor. When I open the monitor, I get an error: error
connecting to 'local host' ([Errno] connection refused). What can I do
to get NUT to work? I can not tell if the NUT program is working or not.
I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit
Installed NUT from the Synaptic Package Manager.
My computer is a Systemax w/MSI motherboard K9N6GM series, 64bit.
The UPS is a Tripplite AVR-550u connected to computer w/USB cable.