[Nut-upsuser] UPS restart delay

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 13:25:14 UTC 2012

On Jul 20, 2012, at 11:25 PM, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> I have an Eaton/MGE EX 11 RT UPS (uses the mge-shut driver) and while I was testing it I found that it would turn back on straight after power was restored.
>
> I had a look but I couldn't find a setting which would let me tell it to charge to (say) 50% before turning the load back on.
>
> Does anyone know if this is possible? A setting like this would provide some hysteresis for successive power failures which would be handy to have :)

I don't know about that specific hardware, but the variables which would control this are battery.charge.restart ("Minimum battery level for UPS restart after power-off") and ups.delay.start ("Interval to wait before restarting the load (seconds)"). Check the output of "upsrw <ups>" to see if that variable is supported with your combination of UPS and driver.

Which version of NUT are you using? There might be a newmge-shut driver included as well.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail