[Nut-upsuser] APC UPS: replacement battery always triggers shutdown

Michal Soltys soltys at ziu.info
Tue Nov 27 14:08:30 UTC 2012

W dniu 26.11.2012 20:42, Arnaud Quette pisze:
> Michal, Kastus, Jack,
>
> I have a similar request sitting in the Features requests for years:
> https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=304645&group_id=30602&atid=411545
> <https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=304645&group_id=30602&atid=411545>
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2006-June/000938.html
>
> would you please unite your efforts and bring a patch for NUT FAQ (or
> the driver(s))?

Just checked that method with my ups and it seems to be working fine.

Actually the driver would be nice, though after some brief tinkering -
ups doesn't bother reporting it in capabilities or supported commands,
so I'd probably opt for experimental "big warning" instant command. This
would also avoid adding some weird'o'variable like battery.constant ;)