[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-Lite INTERNET525U

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 12:18:29 UTC 2012

2012/10/1 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>

> On Oct 1, 2012, at 4:43 AM, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
> I needed a UPS and I had this old, but lightly used Tripp-Lite in storage.
>> On the compatibility list I see a (?similar?) INTERNETOFFICE700 using the
>> tripplite_usb driver. But the driver is not liking this particular model
>> that I have.
>>
>> I'll be receiving a 3S550 soon, so I'm not expecting to make this UPS
>> work, but in case anyone is still interested, I've attached the 5D driver
>> log.
>>

> I confirm that tripplite_usb is the right driver for 09ae:0001.
>
> Charles (the driver author) will probably have more detailed comments on
> the output you sent.
>

> Arnaud is right about the driver and USB VID/PID, but I don't think we've
> seen Protocol 0002 before.

what I was not sure is the previous unsupported version of the protocol we
already seen.
Googling seems to tell me it was "3004", but indeed no "0002" yet.
AFAICT, we support 0004, 1001, 2001 and 3003.

> Kris: Let us know if you want to experiment with the INTERNET525U after
> your other UPS comes in.

@Kris: the is the only possibility to get your unit supported.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix / Opensource Engineering Expert - Eaton -
http://opensource.eaton.com