[Nut-upsuser] Force Shutdown without shuting down the UPS

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:22:10 UTC 2012

2012/8/30 Ilia Shapira <ilia at logicnet.co.il>

> I have NUT server connected to the UPS, several other servers connects to
> this server, after 5 minutes without power I want all the servers to
> shutdown without waiting to the UPS batt status.****
>
> Everything works ok, but I have one issue, the NUT server shutdown the UPS
> unit too, this is ok in most case but in our case I don’t want the UPS to
> be shutdown. All the servers yes and the NUT server too but I want to leave
> the UPS on.****
>
> ** **
>
> Any ideas how can I do it ?****

if you're using a standard integration (Ie, using official packages from
distro), that uses 'upsdrvctl shutdown' to instruct the final UPS poweroff,
you can just put "sdorder = -1" in the ups.conf section of your device:
http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/ups.conf.html

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix / Opensource Engineering Expert - Eaton -
http://opensource.eaton.com