[Nut-upsuser] bcmxcp_usb can not communicate with Eaton Powerware 5110

Massimo Gais simosagi9 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 15:25:16 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:

>>   The only thing plugged into this UPS is the power supply for the
>> RaspberryPi - nut reports the load as 0.0% :)  I'm going to also plug in the
>> 5-port switch and ADSL modem/router, I expect to be online for some time
>> when there is a local power failure :D
>

> RPi is maybe too green (Ie not consuming enough power) to be visible.
> I'm interesting in the result with more load...

RPi normally is consuming about 2W (if it doesn't have to power
anything via USB), so way under 0.5% of an average UPS.
Couple of weeks ago when I was running my tests nut at RPi was reliably
reporting the about 33% of load I have on my UPS (for the time being I
have also a cheap kill-a-watt meter on the UPS input):
> ups.firmware: Cont:00.50 Inve:01.50
> ups.load:  33.3
> ups.mfr: Eaton
> ups.model: POWERWARE UPS    700i