[Nut-upsuser] ERR ACCESS-DENIED in upsrw

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 13:44:59 UTC 2012

2012/9/7 Fabio Cecamore <ceca_89 at hotmail.com>

> I've done what you said but now..
>
> root at ProLiant:/home/fabio# upsrw -u admin -p mypass -s
> ups.delay.shutdown=180 ups
> Unexpected response from upsd: ERR READONLY
> root at ProLiant:/home/fabio#
>
> I hope this not mean this variable is readonly..

hem Fabio, I'm sure you're actually kiding with your comment ;)
To get the list of variables that can be set, use "upsrw <ups name>".
You will see that ups.delay.shutdown is not present.

What you probably want is to configure the delay before powering off the
UPS, at the end of the shutdown sequence.
Just use "offdelay = <value>" in ups.conf, as described in the blazer
manpage:
http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/blazer.html

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix / Opensource Engineering Expert - Eaton -
http://opensource.eaton.com