[Nut-upsuser] For APC Back UPS ES users

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 12:09:03 UTC 2012

2012/9/12 Kris Jordan <nut.kj at sagebrushnetworks.com>

> Kris Jordan wrote, On 9/11/2012 7:28 PM:
>
>  Arnaud Quette wrote, On 9/11/2012 2:22 PM:
>>
>>> 2012/9/11 Kris Jordan <nut.kj at sagebrushnetworks.com <mailto:nut.kj@**
>>> sagebrushnetworks.com <nut.kj at sagebrushnetworks.com>>>
>>>
>>>     Do you normally want upsd, upsmon, and upsc ran during the 1min
>>>     debug trace? Otherwise, here's the logs from the driver ran by
>>>     itself for 1min.
>>>

>>> only the driver and upsd are required to get the data, so it's fine.
>>> you should also do a quick discharge (a couple of minutes) to see
>>> battery.charge decreasing well.
>>>

>> I'll redo it since I didn't even run upsd.
>>

> Forgot to mention that battery.charge does decrease. I checked both 2.6.5
> and the new driver.

great!
I've not seen evidence in your log, but your confirmation suits me fine.
I consider the "BackUPS ES" case closed on our side.

thanks for your confidence, and plan to fully switch to NUT.
we always appreciate.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix / Opensource Engineering Expert - Eaton -
http://opensource.eaton.com