[Nut-upsuser] Zigor on Mac Os X

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 02:33:40 UTC 2012

On Sep 23, 2012, at 1:45 PM, Mark Burton wrote:

> Yes it does, My only issue is that it doesn't seem to be able to get a reading on the status of the device (battery level, or whether it's on power or not)…. :-(
> Hence turning to NUT

Curious as to what you get when you try running scutil:

$ echo show State:/IOKit/PowerSources/UPS0 | scutil

(The name might not be "UPS0" - if not, try "echo list 'State:/IOKit/PowerSources/.*' | scutil" and use that name)

There is a NUT driver that can use this information (macosx-ups), but if the GUI is missing information, that driver might not see it either.

The solution to get the blazer_usb driver is actually discussed here: http://lists.apple.com/archives/usb/2010/Nov/msg00056.html (the .plist refers to the USB Vendor ID and Product ID for your UPS, if I am not mistaken).

It's been on my list of things to do to automate creating a kext like that. Let me know whether that information is still up to date.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail