[Nut-upsuser] Triplite Lock's when on battery

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Sat Sep 29 02:22:10 UTC 2012

On 09/29/2012 04:36 AM, Charles Lepple wrote:
> What if you just comment out "autoreconf -i"? It really shouldn't be
> necessary. If the generated ./configure script is wrong, chances are
> we can fix it in the NUT source (unless RHEL is even more busted than
> I thought).
     That did it but now I have a few problems with some of the drivers

     I have tried to disable the freeipmi because it fails (despite
having freeipmi-devel included as a build requirement):

    checking for FreeIPMI version via pkg-config... none found
    checking for FreeIPMI cflags...
    checking for FreeIPMI ldflags... -lfreeipmi -lipmimonitoring
    checking for freeipmi/freeipmi.h... yes
    checking for ipmi_monitoring.h... yes
    checking for library containing ipmi_ctx_create... no
    checking for library containing ipmi_ctx_find_inband... no
    checking for library containing ipmi_fru_parse_ctx_create... no
    checking for library containing ipmi_monitoring_init... none required
    checking for library containing
    ipmi_monitoring_sensor_read_record_id... no
    checking for library containing ipmi_sdr_cache_ctx_destroy... none
    required
    checking for library containing ipmi_sdr_ctx_destroy... no
    configure: error: "FreeIPMI not found, required for IPMI support"

      I assumed that the version included in RHEL5 might be too old, so
what I did was:

%configure \
     --with-all \
     --without-powerman \
     --without-freeipmi \
[...]

but it still tries (and fails) to detect the ipmi libs, after which it
bails out:

    checking whether to enable Avahi support... yes
    checking whether to build Powerman PDU client driver... no
    checking for FreeIPMI version via pkg-config... none found
    checking for FreeIPMI cflags...
    checking for FreeIPMI ldflags... -lfreeipmi -lipmimonitoring
    checking for freeipmi/freeipmi.h... no
    checking for ipmi_monitoring.h... no
    checking for library containing ipmi_ctx_create... no
    checking for library containing ipmi_ctx_find_inband... no
    checking for library containing ipmi_fru_parse_ctx_create... no
    checking for library containing ipmi_monitoring_init... no
    checking for library containing
    ipmi_monitoring_sensor_read_record_id... no
    checking for library containing ipmi_sdr_cache_ctx_destroy... no
    checking for library containing ipmi_sdr_ctx_destroy... no
    configure: error: "FreeIPMI not found, required for IPMI support"

     Do you have any quick idea ?

     manuel