[Nut-upsuser] HP R1500 G3 problems

Alf Høgemark alf at i100.no
Thu Aug 8 21:52:30 UTC 2013

On 08/08/2013 10:45 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Alf_H=F8gemark?= <alf at i100.no> writes:
>> I am working on improving the bcmxcp driver, to add more data reported
>> from the driver, and also add support for sending more commands to the ups.
>> The code changes are currently not part of any release, but they are in
>> github, and some more are on the way.
>> Would you be able to do some testing on your HP R3000 XR, with this
>> updated driver ?
>> I have only been able to test it on Eaton 5110 as of now. And your UPS
>> seems a lot more feature rich.
> Cool.  Have you managed to get the 5110 to report charge/runtime data,
> or is there just no hope in that direction?
>
> 			regards, tom lane
Hi

I've added all the specified meters from the bcmxcp spec, and the driver
now checks using meter map and command map received from the actual UPS,
to see what the UPS supports.

Here is the output from upsc using the modified driver, for 5110, so I
do not think it will possible to get more data from this model :
upsc eaton
ambient.temperature.high: 64
ambient.temperature.low: 166
battery.charge.low: 11
battery.voltage:  13.5
battery.voltage.low: 10
device.mfr: Eaton
device.model: POWERWARE UPS    500i
device.part: 103004261-5591
device.type: ups
driver.name: bcmxcp_usb
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.parameter.shutdown_delay: 50
driver.version: 2.6.5-170-g3f72709
driver.version.internal: 0.28
input.frequency:  50.1
input.frequency.high: 55
input.frequency.low: 45
input.frequency.nominal: 50
input.quality: 0
input.transfer.boost.high: 207
input.transfer.high: 275
input.transfer.low: 178
input.transfer.trim.low: 250
input.voltage: 242
input.voltage.nominal: 230
output.current:   0.2
output.current.nominal:   1.3
output.frequency:  50.1
output.frequency.nominal: 50
output.phases: 1
output.voltage: 240
output.voltage.nominal: 230
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.description: Line-Interactive UPS, Single Phase
ups.firmware: Cont:00.50 Inve:01.50
ups.load: 20
ups.mfr: Eaton
ups.model: POWERWARE UPS    500i
ups.power.nominal: 500
ups.status: OL
ups.test.result: Done and passed

You can see the changes merged into the bcmxcp branch at :
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/tree/bcmxcp
And some more details about what meters have been added :
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/commits/bcmxcp