[Nut-upsuser] Fwd: Liebert PSA UPS problem.

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 20:13:36 UTC 2013

On Aug 11, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Paul Smith wrote:

> Anyone have any advice what I need to do next?

A while back, you sent me the pcap file from the Windows side, but there was an open question as to whether the USB requests were standard Windows HID driver requests, or whether the Liebert software was still running in the background.

Also, the SuSE Live CD seems to be the only non-Windows system which can successfully retrieve all of the necessary descriptors for this UPS. How easy would it be for you to build NUT in that environment? Do they provide an easy way to save things off to a non-volatile directory? We have the NUT tarball generation part of our Buildbot setup working, so I suspect you will only need a compiler and libusb devel files.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail