[Nut-upsuser] What current UPS can I buy?

Matt Ivie matt.ivie at bonntran.com
Tue Jul 16 15:30:36 UTC 2013

I'm sure this has been asked before and I did search the list archives
but anything I did find looked to be older.

I'm looking at buying some UPS and I'm not sure how to tell which
currently sold models are supported by NUT. I know that not every new
model will be supported but there has to be some right?

Is there a specific designation I can look for in the technical specs
that should help me determine this? Are there some manufacturers that
are friendly to the project and make devices that work well with NUT?

Any help on this would be great because the worst thing would be to buy
a nice new UPS for a server and then find out that it is not supported
by NUT.

Thanks