[Nut-upsuser] help creating custom genericups configuration - RNG only!

Reed Hedges Reed.Hedges at Adept.com
Fri Jun 21 13:39:47 UTC 2013

OK, I'll try "none" and see what happens.

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Lepple [mailto:clepple at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:14 PM
To: Reed Hedges
Cc: nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: [Nut-upsuser] help creating custom genericups configuration - RNG only!

On Jun 20, 2013, at 9:48 PM, Reed Hedges wrote:

> UPSPORT=/dev/ttyS0
>
> # type   cablep  kill          t              powerok              battok   cableok
> robot     ---           RI            0              /RI                          ---           ---
>
> Is there an equivalent of "---" in genericups?

I think it's pretty much any value other than a valid signal name. The man page mentions "none" and "???" in various places.

What about something like this?

[robot]
        driver = genericups
        port = /dev/ttyS0
        upstype = 9
        CP = none
        SD = none
        OL = -RNG
        LB = RNG

(The upstype setting is arbitrary in this case, as all of the settings get overridden.)

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail