[Nut-upsuser] Help to configure NUT on Win 8

Massimo Savazzi m.savazzi at who.net
Sat Jun 22 17:49:54 UTC 2013

Hi Charles,
The NAS is a QNAP 659-II

It appears that NUT is installed:
http://www.qnap.com/en/index.php?sn=4059
http://www.qnap.com/en/?lang=en&sn=940
http://docs.qnap.com/nas/en/index.html?ups_settings.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Lepple [mailto:clepple at gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, 22 June, 2013 00:47
To: Massimo Savazzi
Cc: nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: [Nut-upsuser] Help to configure NUT on Win 8

On Jun 21, 2013, at 4:23 PM, Massimo Savazzi wrote:

> Sorry to bother, but I tried to solve the issue without success.
>
> Here is my configuration
> UPS - NAS
>
> I have configured the UPS to send the power messages to my clients:
> <image001.png>

Can you describe this a little more? What kind of NAS? What version of NUT
is it running?

The part that seems odd is that the screenshot says "Allows the following IP
addresses to be notified in the event of power failure". NUT clients connect
to the NUT server, so the server shouldn't need to know the IP addresses of
the clients in advance (unless this refers to some sort of firewall).

> I cannot understand how to configure NUT to be the client, receive the
messages and suspend/shutdown the PC if needed.
> The PC runs Win8 64bit

You will probably want to read this:

http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/ar01s02.html#_monito
ring_client

http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/ar01s06.html#UPS_shu
tdown

Please subscribe to continue this discussion: