[Nut-upsuser] unacceptable utility voltage rate of change

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Thu Mar 7 17:18:49 UTC 2013

> Hi,
>
> One of my APC devices reports: "unacceptable utility voltage rate of change".
> I believe it has something to do with input voltage fluctuating too fast maybe even beneath or over the input voltage thresholds.
> Should I worry about this?
> should I measure input voltage? (I suppose I'd need more than multimeter readings. Maybe an oscilloscope or a multimeter that can record statistics? - I'm no expert in this field...)

A scope wouldnt do it, you couldn't stare for hours, days,
not blink & then memorise the glitches.

There are special machines that log power fluctuations.
I used one maybe in 1977, so theyre not new & can be/ were once simple :-)

With modern micro electronics one could do more logging.
Rather than look for more hardware, as inside of (eg my) APC is
stuff full already, if I were in your shoes, I'd see if maybe APC
might be able to emit a real time output one could log on PC.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".