[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-Lite OMNI750ISO

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 13:36:45 UTC 2013

On Mar 25, 2013, at 9:20 AM, David Vree wrote:

> [ups.delay.shutdown]
> Interval to wait after shutdown with delay command (seconds)
> Type: STRING
> Value: 64
>
> There is nothing apparently settable about its LB point via the driver.  BTW -- What do you think "ups.delay.shutdown" means?

ups.delay.shutdown is the number of seconds between when the driver (in response to LB) sends the UPS the shutdown command, and when the UPS should actually pull power.

This delay is meant to account for the time it takes to shutdown a single OS (since the OS often shuts down the USB stack at some point), but you might be able to stretch things a bit (that delay is a 16-bit integer that gets passed straight to the UPS, for a potential range of 65,535 seconds).

The alternative, if you are not as concerned about maximizing runtime, is to start a timer with upssched when the UPS first loses power, and cancel the timer if the power returns before the LB threshold is hit. I would advocate the belt-and-suspenders approach of doing both, just in case your battery starts to weaken, and you hit the LB threshold before the timer expires. The upssched approach has the disadvantage of being time-based rather than percentage-based, but it should get the job done.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail