[Nut-upsuser] Automatic start fails in boot

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Sun May 5 14:10:04 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, 2013-03-26 at 19:41:20 +0200, Paavo Leinonen wrote:

> this was the answer. This cured the problem:

>     systemctl stop NetworkManager.service
>     systemctl disable NetworkManager.service
>     systemctl enable network.service
>     systemctl start network.service

> Big thanks to Charles Lepple! And the authors
> of nut, I'm again a happy nut user/sysadmin.

I would like to thank you for bringing up the problem and Charles Lepple
for providing the critical hint!

Same thing on Ubuntu (I waited for 13.04 to see if it would solve the
"NUT does not find the UPS on boot" problem, and it didn't. So I kicked
the modemmanager packet off my system, and the network-manager, too,
because I have a statically defined network.

So now I have
- a cleaner system
- that finds the UPS again

I filed a Launchpad bug (#1176548) to suggest the nut-server package
in Ubuntu be converted to upstart to allow it to wait for modemmanager
to complete...

Lupe Christoph
--
| It is a well-known fact in any organisation that, if you want a job    |
| done, you should give it to someone who is already very busy.          |