[Nut-upsuser] blazer_usb and USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed

Fabio Cecamore ceca_89 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 26 07:17:11 UTC 2013

Hi Charles
>> Obviously the usb ports work good, I think is a bug in the driver or something like..
> Could be a cable problem, too.
I'll try to change the USB cable but is hard to be fault, it's new..

> What version of NUT? We increased the timeout in 2.7.1.
Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol USB driver 0.09 (2.6.5)

> Also, devices that talk to blazer_usb are basically serial UPSes with a USB-to-serial converter. The increased CPU usage is not surprising, since the host now has to poll the USB-to-serial converter (rather than the UART interrupting the CPU when data is ready). Do you have any profiling data to show how much more CPU time is being used?
I don't have any profiling data, I just noticed that blazer_usb is ever
first in 'top' list, with older blazer driver it was at the end of the
'top' list, now it uses always 0,3% to 1,7% of CPU with poolinterval at
2 seconds.

My CPU is not so powerful but anyway it is a good diference and so I
noted it..

Bye