[Nut-upsuser] Incorrect Values From usbhid-ups

Bill S kenwood0622 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 01:52:07 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 9:49 AM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 4, 2014, at 8:56 AM, Bill S <kenwood0622 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It would appear that there is nothing that can be done to correct the
>> output voltage reading.
>
> Nothing easy, but the AC output voltage is reported by the UPS. It requires more than just a five-minute fix, though.
>
> The DC battery voltage is the one that seems to be hiding somewhere else.
>
> Does the vendor have firmware upgrades for this UPS?

As I mentioned in my April 1 post, CyberPower indicated to me in an
email when I contacted them that battery voltage is not supported.in
this model of UPS. I am rather disappointed in that but there is not
much we can do about it.

I looked around the site for firmware upgrades and found none.  There
are also no instructions in the manual on accomplishing a firmware
upgrade.

Just for grins I looked for firmware upgrades for a couple of other
models in a different series of UPS units and found no firmware
upgrades for any of those as well.  It would appear that they either
do not believe in firmware upgrades or I am looking in the wrong spot.
  I suspect the former as there is nothing in the sales literature as
well and normally when it is possible for a piece of equipment to
accept firmware upgrades, the manufacturer lists it as a feature.

 As an aside, is it possible that using the RS-232  port would produce
different results?  I would think both drivers would expect the data
to be in the same format so the results would be the same as well but
thought I would ask to be sure.