[Nut-upsuser] I can't make changes to ups.delay.shutdown to stick

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 14:39:33 UTC 2014

On Apr 5, 2014, at 8:52 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The upsrw command was designed for changing variables that are typically
>> stored in non-volatile memory on the UPS. Unfortunately, your UPS doesn't
>> seem to do that.
>
> Well, if it doesn't do that, how come upsc reports the changed value?  It is
> only after I reboot the PC (not the UPS) or restart the driver that the
> default value of 20s is shown again.

I'd have to check the code, but I'm fairly certain that writing a variable invalidates at least part of the HID cache in the driver.

However, it is possible that something in the driver initialization is resetting that variable. Are there any extra settings in ups.conf? Can you please send a driver log with -DDDD, gzipped and attached (so as not to wrap the lines)? Same length of time as before is good.