[Nut-upsuser] nut and Tripp Lite smart500rt1u on Scientific Linux 7

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 02:08:07 UTC 2014

On Nov 29, 2014, at 5:01 PM, Matthew Sund <mattsund at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I installed nut from the epel repository on Scientific Linux 7. I would like to get my smart500rt1u working, but # upsc smart500 at localhost gives the following output:
>

> battery.voltage.nominal: 0
> device.mfr: Tripp Lite
> device.model: SMART500RT1U
> device.type: ups
> driver.name: tripplite_usb

> ups.firmware.aux: protocol 3005

Support for protocol 3005 was not added until this summer, and we have not yet released a version of NUT which includes this.

However, depending on how easy it is to rebuild packages in Scientific Linux, you may be able to download a snapshot of NUT (labeled "2.7.2.5", but that is just a placeholder version number for the autobuilder) and rebuild. When you say "epel repository", is it the same as for RHEL/Fedora?

Theoretically, you should be able to download the SRPM from here:

https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/SRPMS/n/

install to /usr/src (or something) and rebuild with a NUT snapshot:

http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/snapshots

If you have questions, let us know - I'm sure there are other users of RPM-based distributions on the list.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail