[Nut-upsuser] interrupt pipe disabled

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 01:45:30 UTC 2014

On Dec 16, 2014, at 11:27 AM, Kjell Claesson <kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se> wrote:

>> I've been looking for "pollonly" in the usbhid-ups man page, but it didn't
>> help me.
>>

> Only add pollonly to your ups.conf
>
> ex:
> [APC]
>        driver = usbhid-ups
>        port = auto
> 	pollonly
>        vendorid = xxxx

Kjell is correct that this should get basic monitoring working with usbhid-ups. If that does not work, please send the exact log message that you receive, and we will try to debug it.

>> Could someone explain me what does this means exactly ? What are these
>> interrupts ? What exactly may not work ?
>>
> It depends on the implementation of the usb driver used. And it would not
> listen to the interrupt pipe. So actualy nothing works like it should.

Well, this is not entirely true - the usbhid-ups driver will still poll the UPS. More information:

   http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=E4AF6D2D%2d44B0%2d4371%2d988B%2d72A1A3CE49EC%40gmail.com

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail