[Nut-upsuser] interrupt pipe disabled [APC SMT3000RMI2U]

Frantz de Germain frantz at info.univ-angers.fr
Thu Dec 18 08:35:49 UTC 2014

Le Wed, 17 Dec 2014 19:34:43 -0500
Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> écrivait:

> > Also, I don't think we have any confirmation of the variables that the AP9620 provides. Here is the list of full 'upsc' output for various APC models:
> >
> >   http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/~buildbot/cayman/docs/latest/ddl/APC/index.html
>
> Frantz,
>
> Actually, it would be useful if you could send a copy of the output of 'upsc', 'upscmd -l' and 'upsrw' for your UPS. (If you prefer to mask out part or all of the serial number, that is fine.) Let us know if any of the returned values are known to be incorrect for your setup.

Here they are at the end of this mail.

Anyway, I found some answers in the APC Web site :

FAQ for the New 230V Smart-UPS Models with LCD Interface :
http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SMT3000RMI2U&total_watts=50&tab=documentation

We recognize the fact that some Smart-UPS customers utilize their own custom
interface based on APC‟s UPSLINK protocol. These applications may include
those without standard operating systems or less common ones. For these
situations, we recommend the optional AP9620 converter card that allows the
new models to „speak‟ in UPSLINK.

FAQ for the Legacy Communications SmartSlot Card AP9620 :
http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=AP9620&tab=documentation

Summary
For customers of Smart-UPS units with the prefix SURTD, SMX and SMT the
ability to communicate with APC's historical UPSLINK or APC proprietary USB
usages no longer exists. While APC's recommendation remains using the latest
version of APC UPS management solutions, we recognize that there are some
customers may choose other options.

So we will put an AP9620 card in our new UPS.

Outputs of commands on the new UPS :

- upsc :

battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 50
battery.runtime: 16200
battery.runtime.low: 120
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 54.5
battery.voltage.nominal: 24.0
device.mfr: American Power Conversion
device.model: Smart-UPS 3000
device.serial: AS1421244500
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.parameter.serial: AS14XXXXXXXX
driver.version: 2.7.2
driver.version.data: APC HID 0.95
driver.version.internal: 0.38
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 20
ups.firmware: UPS 08.8 / ID=18
ups.mfr: American Power Conversion
ups.mfr.date: 2014/05/23
ups.model: Smart-UPS 3000
ups.productid: 0003
ups.serial: AS14XXXXXXXX
ups.status: OL
ups.timer.reboot: -1
ups.timer.shutdown: -1
ups.vendorid: 051d

- upscmd -l :

Instant commands supported on UPS [SU30002U-11]:

beeper.disable - Disable the UPS beeper
beeper.enable - Enable the UPS beeper
beeper.mute - Temporarily mute the UPS beeper
beeper.off - Obsolete (use beeper.disable or beeper.mute)
beeper.on - Obsolete (use beeper.enable)
load.off - Turn off the load immediately
load.off.delay - Turn off the load with a delay (seconds)
shutdown.reboot - Shut down the load briefly while rebooting the UPS
shutdown.stop - Stop a shutdown in progress

- upsrw :

[battery.charge.low]
Remaining battery level when UPS switches to LB (percent)
Type: STRING
Maximum length: 10
Value: 10

[battery.runtime.low]
Remaining battery runtime when UPS switches to LB (seconds)
Type: STRING
Maximum length: 10
Value: 120

[ups.delay.shutdown]
Interval to wait after shutdown with delay command (seconds)
Type: STRING
Maximum length: 10
Value: 20

--
Frantz de Germain
Département Informatique UFR Sciences / DDN