[Nut-upsuser] Changing self test date

Frantz de Germain frantz at info.univ-angers.fr
Fri Dec 19 08:51:32 UTC 2014

Le Thu, 18 Dec 2014 20:39:25 -0500
Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> écrivait:

> On Dec 18, 2014, at 9:16 AM, Frantz de Germain <frantz at info.univ-angers.fr> wrote:
>
> > What is the difference between "test.battery.start.deep" and
> > "test.battery.start.quick" command (upscmd) ?
>
> The intent for the quick test is to only discharge the battery a little bit, whereas the deep test would discharge until the low battery threshold is reached (or the test is stopped).
>
> In practice, the difference is determined by the UPS firmware.

So it is different from "self-test automatically run when turned on, and every
two weeks thereafter, (by default). During the self-test, the UPS briefly
operates the connected equipment on battery." (cf. APC Smart-UPS User Manual
and practice) ?? Note that this effectively discharge the battery a little
bit.

For information, on two same UPSes (SUA3000RMI2U), I've these commands
available for tests (cf. upscmd -l) :

- apcsmart driver :

test.battery.start
test.battery.stop

- usbhid-ups driver :

test.battery.start.deep
test.battery.start.quick
test.battery.stop

--
Frantz de Germain
Département Informatique UFR Sciences / DDN