[Nut-upsuser] Eaton Powerware 5110 - some stats not reported

Tim Dawson tadawson at tpcsvc.com
Sat Feb 15 07:57:04 UTC 2014

The driver will poll the UPS for what variables it supports when it starts, and then go into a polling loop.  Look for a section defining the meter map, and you should see the result, as well as the raw data.  You can get the comm spec for  XCP from the nut site if you want to delve deeper. I'd give more specifics, but am out of town and only working from memory at the moment . . .

- Tim

On February 14, 2014 11:22:22 PM CST, Greg Vickers <daehenoc at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>On 13/02/14 12:16, Charles Lepple wrote:
>> On Feb 12, 2014, at 7:50 PM, Tim Dawson wrote:
>>
>>> Run the driver with -DDDDD and see what variables it picks up.  I
>have noted that with the Prestige 9 in bcmxcp, some variables are not
>consistent within models, and had to do some gentle remapping to get
>things to work correctly.
>
>I ran the new driver (see below) and with -DDDD it throws out tons of
>never ending information, what am I looking for? :)
>
>> Tim, is this the issue you mentioned on 2014-02-02 with blocks 0x9
>and 0x13? I'll reply to that email.

>but on
>all
>tree.
>> Greg,
>>
>>  From http://packages.ubuntu.com/saucy/nut-server it looks like you
>have 2.6.4. There was a big rewrite of the bcmxcp driver core which
>became part of 2.7.1.
>>
>> It might be possible to drop in the bcmxcp driver binary from Ubuntu
>trusty - I wouldn't force-install the whole package, just in case they
>changed things regarding init scripts and other libraries, but the
>drivers should be pretty self-contained. Or you could build just that
>driver from source, making sure to use the same paths as Ubuntu uses to
>build their binaries. Let me know if you're interested in trying one of
>those routes (admittedly, it makes for a bit of a Frankenstein system)
>and I can explain in more detail.
>
>Charles, thanks very much for the information :)  I've parachuted in
>the
>bcmxcp_usb binary from Ubuntu Trusty from nut-server
>(http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/main/n/nut/nut-server_2.7.1-1ubuntu1_i386.deb)
>
>by using dpkg-deb to pull it out of the .deb file:
>
>$ ls -l /lib/nut/bcmxcp*
>-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 75880 May 20  2013 /lib/nut/bcmxcp
>-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 80544 Feb 15 09:03 /lib/nut/bcmxcp_usb
>-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 71816 Feb 15 09:03 /lib/nut/bcmxcp_usb.2.6.4
>-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 80544 Feb 15 09:02 /lib/nut/bcmxcp_usb.2.7.1
>
>And stopped both nut-client and nut-server, then started them both up.
>
>There is no change to what is displayed in the cgi, the same fields are
>
>still missing :(
>
>On 13/02/14 15:55, Alf Høgemark wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> On
>> http://nutwiki.kanonbra.com/wiki/Category:Eaton_Powerware_5110
>>
>> you can see what is reported. The unreleased part refers to v2.7.1,
>which is now released.
>
>OK, from that table, should the nut cgi be showing the Battery, UPS
>Temp
>and Battery Runtime values?  Sorry, I don't know how these values are
>translated into what is shown in the cgi displays.
>
>I've got nut running, and can use upsc to get the values directly:
>
>$ ps aux | grep nut
>nut      18306  1.3  0.0   2640   636 ?        Ss   15:14   0:00
>/lib/nut/bcmxcp_usb -a Powerware5110
> [...]

---
Tim Dawson
Lewisville, TX

"Gaff tape can't fix "Stupid", but it can muffle the sound . . ."
Sent via Android