[Nut-upsuser] Formalizing the end of the relationship with Eaton

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 09:56:13 UTC 2014

Dear NUT users,

The relationship with Eaton was in need of clarification for a long time,
which happened over the past weeks.This is now officially noted on the NUT
side, through moving Eaton from the "Main supporter" to "Supporting UPS
manufacturer", rewording the content and putting a big warning [1].

Quoting these main changes:

"Eaton, has been the main NUT supporter in the past, between 2007 and 2011,
continuing MGE UPS SYSTEMS efforts.
The situation has evolved, and since 2011 Eaton does not support NUT
anymore.
This may still evolve in the future.
But for now, please do not consider anymore that buying Eaton products will
provide you with official support from Eaton, or a better level of device
support in NUT."

Considering that I'm still an Eaton employee, this blurry situation was one
of the main factors that kept me away from NUT for the past couple of years.
Not the only one, but I'm working on these points one after another.

You can expect to see me slowly starting to bother you all again in a soon
future ;)

Cheers,
Arnaud
--