[Nut-upsuser] Eaton Powerware 5110 - some stats not reported

Greg Vickers daehenoc at iinet.net.au
Sat Feb 15 23:46:20 UTC 2014

On 16/02/14 00:38, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2014, at 2:57 AM, Tim Dawson wrote:
>> The driver will poll the UPS for what variables it supports when it starts, and then go into a polling loop. Look for a section defining the meter map, and you should see the result, as well as the raw data.
> Tim: spot on.
>
> Greg,
>
> If you want, you can capture the -DDDD output to a file (until it starts looping), gzip it, and post it to the list. I'm still getting up to speed on the BCM/XCP protocol, but the meter map dump should have a few values we can look up in the protocol spec.

Thanks!  I've attached the file to this email
(bcmxcp_usb.output2014160926.gz), it ran for 12 seconds, and looks like
it's looping by that time.  I'm not sure what to look for, does grepping
for 'Yes' show the variables that the driver can pull off this UPS?

> Please excuse the mess; we're in the process of converting the protocol library over to the same format as the rest of the website for ease of maintenance:
>
> http://old.networkupstools.org/protocols/eaton/

Not a problem at all, I am happy to help with this driver :)

> On 13/02/14 15:55, Alf Høgemark wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> On
>>> http://nutwiki.kanonbra.com/wiki/Category:Eaton_Powerware_5110
>>>
>>> you can see what is reported. The unreleased part refers to v2.7.1, which is now released.
>> OK, from that table, should the nut cgi be showing the Battery, UPS Temp and Battery Runtime values? Sorry, I don't know how these values are translated into what is shown in the cgi displays.
>>
>  From that table, yes, I think so. From the upsc output you posted, no. This mismatch is odd, because driver.version.internal is 0.28 in both cases (this is the version of the bcmxcp_usb driver, which generally gets incremented after changes to that driver) and the firmware versions seem to match.
>
> For reference, here's where the upsstats.cgi page gets its values:
>
> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/master/conf/upsstats-single.html.sample
>
> There is also a template for the table of multiple UPSes, but the mapping between NUT variables and HTML table cells isn't as obvious.

Ah, I see - I've noticed that when I browse to upsset.cgi, that there
are no Settings reported when I select Settings and click the View
button.  If I select the Commands function and click View, there are
only four available:
- Turn off the load and return when power is back
- Turn off the load and remain off
- Start a battery test
- Description unavailable

I have a Belkin UPS which I was running on this system up to a few days
ago when I figured out that the battery was totally cactus, and I put
the Eaton back in until I get replacement batteries for the Belkin.
(The Belkin is two 12v batteries, the Eaton is one.) Anyway, the driver
for the Belkin actually has Settings reported, and I can't remember, but
about 10+ different Commands.

Is the lack of Settings or Commands indicative of any problem, or is it
the case that these just haven't been implemented on this driver?

Cheers,
Greg

p.s. The only difference I can see from the web page any my upsc output
is that my UPS is a 700, and the driver was developed on a 500?