[Nut-upsuser] Arch Linux and Tripp Lite web snmp card issues.

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 01:00:03 UTC 2014

On Feb 24, 2014, at 6:57 PM, Jason R Begley wrote:

> Segmentation fault

That's not good. If you crank up the debug level past 2, does it provide any more detail about where it crashed? (We'd only need the last few lines, if they are different.)

I don't know how Arch Linux does debug symbols, so the dmesg output doesn't pinpoint which function in libc got bad data. Can you run it in gdb and get a backtrace? That will probably be something like this:

$ gdb snmp-ups
(gdb) run -a <UPS-name> -DD
(gdb) bt

> SNMP-Walk:

NUT ends up using the numeric OIDs internally. Could you please follow the steps here:

http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/developer-guide.chunked/ar01s04.html#_creating_a_subdriver

Either "mode 1" or "mode 2" should work, but if you run into trouble with "mode 1", just dump the files as mentioned in "mode 2", gzip them, and post them to the list. For the "-n" flag, I'd recommend "trippups1", as that seems to be one of the more common names for that MIB.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail